I've been harvesting various veggies from my garden, but none are as prolific as the beets. They're low maintenance, fast growing, and produce 9 per square foot. This recipe was the first time I cooked them. I usually juice them or chop them raw into salads, and I didn't realize how tasty they could be! If I wasn't so comfy in bed I'd be having a midnight snack in the kitchen right now.
This recipe is from a pin I pinned on Pinterest (ha.. that's fun saying out loud), I only slightly changed the preparation method and left out the salt and pepper originally called for. The beets are delicious enough without enhancement!
Roasted Beet Salad
- 4 beets, washed and stemmed
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Small handful of walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 400º.
- Peel the beets and wrap each individual one in tin foil.
- Roast in the oven for one hour.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool until they're not too hot to handle.
- Chop roughly into chunks and place in a bowl.
- Toss in the remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate before serving.