Not to mention that classes are in full swing. I'm still loving every bit of them though, especially after the A I received on a midterm I was seriously stressing over!
I've been trying to do it all this month. I don't ever recall being as stressed as I am currently, but I at least know I won't have regrets when October is over and things slow down.
One of my favorite places in the fall is the Mill Pond in Setauket. I've been twice in the past couple weeks, and not many things make me as happy as strolling around the pond observing the wildlife and changing foliage. Logan loved watching the turtles sunning themselves on a log, and we even saw a great blue heron!
|Logan contemplating life under one of the huge trees.|
|Logan and Terra watching the turtles.|
|He's very excited about the ducks.|
|The great blue heron. I was so excited to see one of these!|
|The leaves changed so much in just one week.|
|Ready for decorating.|
|Logan is serious about this.|
|This was before he figured out how yummy the icing was.|
Candied Pumpkin Seeds
- Mix very thing together in a small bowl.
- Spread the mixture over a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 250º for 40 minutes.
- Once cooled, break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. butter substitute, like Smart Balance
- 1/4 tsp. tumeric
- 1/4 tsp. celery salt
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- Mix everything together in a pan on the stove.
- Toast over a medium flame for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently until starting to brown.
- Remove from heat and store in an airtight container.
These toasted seeds taste like crunchy popcorn, and are super addictive!