|My cousin Liam decorated his own|
cookie. Now that's a cookie!
|I found the picture on this flour |
package to be pretty anti-feminist.
Is it just me? Regardless, it was still great flour.
Vegan Sugar Cookies
Makes about 18 cookies
- 3/4 cup of butter substitute (like Bestlife, but NOT Earth Balance)
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 egg replacers (see below)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
Substitutes 2 eggs
- 6 Tbsp. water
- 4 Tbsp. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter substitute and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Blend in the vanilla and almond extract.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg substitute ingredients until thick and foamy.
- Add this to the mixing bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt, and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Roll batter on a floured surface to somewhere between 1/8" to 1/4" thick.
- Make shapes using cookie cutters.
- Place on a grease baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the edges start to brown.
This particular batch was made into shamrocks for St. Patrick's Day!