Friday, March 9, 2012

Homemade Italian Dressing

This recipe came to my rescue a couple years ago when I was pregnant and craving a salad. I was tired of dressing up my plate with plain old oil and vinegar, so I created a blend of spices to replicate Italian dressing. After checking out some online recipes to see what other people use in their dressings, I raided my pantry for further inspiration and chose a few spices to be part of the mix. This dressing is by far the most flavorful Italian dressing I have ever tasted. I haven't bought dressing since discovering this, and I never will again!


Homemade Italian Dressing
Makes about 1 1/2 cups


  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 Tbsp. onion powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp. organic sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. oregano
  • 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
  • 1 tsp. dried basil
  • 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
  • 1/2 tsp. celery salt
  • 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
  • 2/3 cup olive oil
  • 2 Tbsp. water


  1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
  2. Combine the vinegar, oil and water in a large measuring cup.
  3. Add 2 Tbsp. of the spice mix to the measuring cup. Save the rest of the spice mix in an airtight container for future use.
  4. Mix everything in the measuring cup and transfer to a container made for dispensing dressing. You can buy one of these or use a recycled condiment bottle.
  5. Store at room temperature and shake well before each use.

No comments:

Post a Comment