I've had this one in my arsenal for a couple months now. I got the recipe from Kelli over at animal-friendly eating. It's a great place to find vegan recipes. This is the only one that I've tried so far, but I can't wait to try her recipe for vegan sugar cookies next week for St. Patrick's Day. I wasn't sure what to expect with this recipe. Blending avocados with cocoa powder didn't sound very appetizing, but I'm glad I tried it anyways! The result came out just like a traditional chocolate pudding, and it was delicious. I've made it a couple times since then, and it's always a hit. It the most tasty when topped with bananas and cinnamon, but feel free to get creative with other toppings!
Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup of agave
- 4 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 5 heaping Tbsp. of cocoa powder
- Dash of salt
- Blend everything together in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Divide the pudding into 4 dishes, cover, and put in the fridge to chill for a few hours.
- Add any desired toppings, and enjoy!