Friday, March 9, 2012

Vegan Chocolate Pudding

Even though I promised myself to blog a new recipe on a semi regular basis, I've let myself slip this week. I got caught up reading the Hunger Games trilogy. The books were so excellent I couldn't put them down! A lot of things got neglected while I was reading away, including my kitchen. Now that I've finished the series and am resting up since throwing my back out last night (thanks Logan), I hope to get up to speed with the posts.

I've had this one in my arsenal for a couple months now. I got the recipe from Kelli over at animal-friendly eating. It's a great place to find vegan recipes. This is the only one that I've tried so far, but I can't wait to try her recipe for vegan sugar cookies next week for St. Patrick's Day. I wasn't sure what to expect with this recipe. Blending avocados with cocoa powder didn't sound very appetizing, but I'm glad I tried it anyways! The result came out just like a traditional chocolate pudding, and it was delicious. I've made it a couple times since then, and it's always a hit. It the most tasty when topped with bananas and cinnamon, but feel free to get creative with other toppings!


Vegan Chocolate Pudding
Serves 4


  • 2 avocados
  • 1/2 cup of agave
  • 4 Tbsp. water
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
  • 5 heaping Tbsp. of cocoa powder
  • Dash of salt



  1. Blend everything together in a blender or food processor until smooth.
  2. Divide the pudding into 4 dishes, cover, and put in the fridge to chill for a few hours.
  3. Add any desired toppings, and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This was amazing. My avacados were cold, so this pudding was ready to eat instantly. It was almost too rich. Next time I might stick with only 4 tablespoons of cocoa. Delicious! thanks a ton.

    ReplyDelete