Saturday, March 24, 2012

Cheery Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream

Oh. Em. Jee.

I never knew how easy it was to make vegan ice cream! Three ingredients. That's it. Coconut milk, bananas, and fruit of your choosing. The difficult part for me was blending the frozen chunks together. My blender was struggling, and I'm surprised I didn't blow the motor. I need a food processor. My blender did the trick, but a food processor would have made things a lot easier.

This was better than any store bought ice cream I've ever had, so keep it movin Ben & Jerry's! It was smooth, creamy, and packed with flavor. I'm looking forward to summer more than ever now, so I can experiment with different flavors as different fruits come into season.


Cheery Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream
Serves 4


  • 1 cup of coconut milk
  • 4 bananas
  • 2 cups of frozen cherries
  • Handful of vegan chocolate chips



  1. Pour the coconut milk in a large, shallow dish. This will make it easier to break up once it's frozen.
  2. Peel the bananas and place them in the dish with the coconut milk.
  3. Cover the dish and put in the freezer.
  4. Once the milk and bananas have frozen solid, remove from the freezer and thaw for a couple minutes, or until you can break the bananas and milk into pieces. I did this by stabbing through them with a knife.
  5. Blend the milk, bananas and cherries in a blender or food processor until smooth.
  6. Throw in chocolate chips and blend for a few more seconds to break them into pieces.
  7. Serve immediately.


I'm not sure how well this would freeze. I'm guessing it would solidify into a frozen, solid chunk if refrozen, so enjoy it right away. This ice cream is so good, I doubt there would be leftovers anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment