Tuesday, March 13, 2012

St. Patrick's Smoothie

What can I say, I'm in the holiday spirit. I adapted this recipe from one I found somewhere online. Probably Pinterest. This smoothie tastes like mint chocolate chip ice cream, but it's much much healthier. I kept the ingredients the same, I just changed the amounts to suit my taste. After making this smoothie, I think I need to add mint to my garden!


St. Patrick's Day Smoothie
Serves 2


  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • 1 loose handful of spinach
  • 2 small bananas
  • 1/4 cup mint
  • 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 3 Tbsp. chopped chocolate
  • 2 cups ice
  1. Blend everything except the chocolate until smooth. 
  2. Add the chocolate and blend for a few more seconds, or until the chocolate has been finely chopped and incorporated.

3 comments:

  1. I just made my first smoothie. I could just taste the health!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! You certainly get taste AND health from fhis!

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you enjoyed it! You certainly get taste AND health from fhis!

      Delete