|Check out the size of this sweet potato!|
"Cream" of Carrot Soup
Serves at least 6
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 lbs. of carrots, sliced
- 1 extra large sweet potato, cubed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 7 scallions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- In a large pot, sauté the onions until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and sweet potato, followed by the vegetable broth and water. Add more water to just cover the potatoes and carrots if needed.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Uncover, lower the heat, and allow the soup to simmer until the carrots and potatoes are tender. About 30 minutes.
- Add the white and pale green parts of the scallions and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer the soup in batches to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the poppy seeds and stir until combined.
- Serve, and garnish with the rest of the scallions and a sprinkling on poppy seeds.