|Sticky dough in the food processor.|
While these cookies aren't as rich and satisfying as my vegan chocolate chip cookies, they're a close second and a great gluten free option. Did I mention they don't have processed sugar either? They get their sweetness from honey. And who doesn't like honey?
Oh and don't get turned off by the chickpeas. I know it sounds weird to add chickpeas to cookies, but it's more for texture and substance. You won't taste them at all. Promise.
Chocolate Chip Sunflower Butter Bites
Makes 30 bites
- 1 can chick peas
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup sunflower butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Blend all ingredients except the chocolate chips in a blender or food processor until a sticky dough forms.
- Add the chips and pulse until just combined.
- With wet hands (this is important, otherwise the dough will stick to you), roll the dough into one inch balls and place on greased cookie sheets.
- You can fit up to 15 bites per sheet, since these won't spread when baked.
- Bake for 10 minutes.