Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Quinoa Pizza Casserole

I'm getting desperate for quick, easy weekday meals. I absolutely love my job (how could you not with views like these?),



but it's exhausting! Fresh air and being physically active has never killed anyone, but it sure takes a lot out of you. At the end of the day I'm so tired all I want to do is crash, but I REFUSE to be lured by take out and fast food (not every night at least). If anyone has any ideas for simple, healthy, vegan meals, send them my way. In the meantime, here's one for you that I adapted from an online recipe. It can even be made ahead of time and baked before dinner.


Quinoa Pizza Casserole
Serves 4 generously


  • 1 cup quinoa
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 6 oz. can of tomato paste
  • 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 3 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 1 1/2 tsp. each of oregano, basil and parsley
  • 2 Tbsp. oil
  • 2 Tbsp. water
  • 2 plum tomatoes, diced
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes


  1. Combine the quinoa and water in a saucepan.
  2. Cook over a medium flame until it begins to boil.
  3. Reduce heat to low, cover and allow to cook for 10 minutes, or until the water is absorbed.
  4. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a large casserole dish.
  5. When the quinoa is cooked, add it to the casserole dish, and mix thoroughly with the other ingredients.
  6. Bake covered in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.

No comments:

Post a Comment