Quinoa Pizza Casserole
Serves 4 generously
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 6 oz. can of tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp. each of oregano, basil and parsley
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Combine the quinoa and water in a saucepan.
- Cook over a medium flame until it begins to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and allow to cook for 10 minutes, or until the water is absorbed.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a large casserole dish.
- When the quinoa is cooked, add it to the casserole dish, and mix thoroughly with the other ingredients.
- Bake covered in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.