Thursday, May 10, 2012

Strawberry Mango Fruit Leather

I know I know, I'm really slacking on the posts. It's not for lack of material. I've been plenty busy in the kitchen, so busy that at the end of the day I crash without giving this blog a second thought. I'm not sure what's more exhausting- being a working mom, or staying home with a toddler all day. You would think it's the former, but the older Logan gets, the more wild he becomes. But on the plus side he gets sweeter and more loving everyday, too!

Everyday I set small, attainable goals for myself. Today's included publishing a post. I'm dead tired, so this'll be quick. My mom bought me a dehydrator for my birthday last month, so I finally gave hers back. Fruit leather is one thing that I've been looking forward to making, so when I found myself with an abundance of fruit after a cinco de mayo fiesta (I didn't make nearly as many batches of sangria and fruit based margaritas as planned, I was too busy fiesta-ing) I got to work. Strawberries and mangos starred in this particular batch, but just about anything goes. Use what you have, get creative, and have fun!

Strawberry Mango Fruit Leather


  • 1 lb. of organic strawberries, washed and hulled
  • 1 mango, peeled and de-fleshed (that sounds gross, I wish I could think of a better way to say it)



  1. Blend everything together until smooth.
  2. Pour into teflex sheets or onto plastic wrap set atop the dehydrator trays. The mixture should be about 1/8 of an inch thick.
  3. Dehydrate on a low setting for.. a really long time. It usually takes about 10 hours, which feels like forever.
  4. The fruit leather is done when it is no longer wet and sticky.


I prefer to use plastic wrap instead of the teflex. I'm not sure at what temperature plastic wrap starts to break down and invade your food, but it's nearly impossible to get the fruit leather off of the teflex. If plastic wrap is used, you just roll the whole thing up when you're done. No mess, no clean up. I'll take it.

It's way past my bedtime. Night night.


No comments:

Post a Comment