Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Roasted Beet Salad

It's been far too long since I've posted a recipe. I've only done one so far this month! I finally have some days off coming up in which I have nothing to do. Nothing! It'll be wonderful spending quality time with my little man, working in the garden, and playing in the kitchen. Oh and wine. I plan on drinking lots of wine, starting right now. I'm in full relaxation mode (that's extremely rare), laying in bed between my new, crisp organic cotton sheets (that I finally replaced my old, worn out ones with), sipping a glass of vino that I'm trying my best not to spill, and doing what I do best.. talking food.

I've been harvesting various veggies from my garden, but none are as prolific as the beets. They're low maintenance, fast growing, and produce 9 per square foot. This recipe was the first time I cooked them. I usually juice them or chop them raw into salads, and I didn't realize how tasty they could be! If I wasn't so comfy in bed I'd be having a midnight snack in the kitchen right now.

This recipe is from a pin I pinned on Pinterest (ha.. that's fun saying out loud), I only slightly changed the preparation method and left out the salt and pepper originally called for. The beets are delicious enough without enhancement!


Roasted Beet Salad
Serves 2


  • 4 beets, washed and stemmed
  • 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • Small handful of walnuts



  1. Preheat the oven to 400ยบ.
  2. Peel the beets and wrap each individual one in tin foil.
  3. Roast in the oven for one hour.
  4. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool until they're not too hot to handle.
  5. Chop roughly into chunks and place in a bowl.
  6. Toss in the remaining ingredients.
  7. Refrigerate before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment