Peach Vanilla Spread
Makes about 2 cups
- 4 yellow peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 vanilla bean, sliced down the middle and scraped.
- 2 Tbsp. organic sugar
- Add all the ingredients to a crockpot and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove the vanilla bean, and add the contents of the crockpot to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Return to the crockpot and cook on low for an additional hour, with the lid propped open to allow some of the moisture out.
|Using a sharp knife, slice open one side of the vanilla bean.|
Run the tip of the knife inside the cut you just made to loosen the seeds.
The more you scrape, the stronger the vanilla flavor.
|All the ingredients in the crockpot.|
|It's important to prop open the lid so steam can escape|
and the spread can thicken.
|Store in a jar in the fridge, or in the freezer if you won;t be eating it for awhile.|
I doubt you'll need the freezer though.
Something this tasty won't last long!