I made this hot sauce late one night while on a cooking kick. It made the kitchen HOT. I don't mean take off the apron (not that I wear one) and turn on the fan hot, I mean all my senses were burning. My eyes were watering, nose was running, and my throat was burning. But oh was it worth it. Move over Franks Red Hot, there's a new hot tamale in the pot!
Holy Hot! Sauce
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 13 cow horn peppers
- 1 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Cut the stems off the peppers and scrape out the seeds.
- Put them in a small sauce pan along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, them simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Blend the mixture in a blender until everything is mixed and finely chopped.
- Filter out the solids by pouring the sauce through a cheesecloth.
- Store in a closed jar in the fridge.
- Eat on everything!
|Filtering out the solids.|
|I used leftover garlic packaging to filter, but a cheesecloth|
or any fine mesh will do.
|You're going to have to scoop the solids out of the|
top occasionally to keep things flowing through the mesh.
|It should look like this when done.|