I saw a recipe for pizza hummus on Pinterest. Thinking it too good to be true, I had to try it right away. I didn't have some of the ingredients, so I improvised. Now that I look back at the original recipe here, I improvised a lot. It still tasted like pizza though! Ok maybe it doesn't taste like you're biting into a slice of delicious NY pizza, but you still get a pizza like taste without all the calories. Besides, it's hummus.. hummus is always good. This was good eaten with carrots, celery, and pita bread. I bet it would be really good with pretzels, too.
- 1 15 oz can of chick peas, drained
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp of tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Chill in the fridge before serving.