Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Spicy Black Bean Dip

I originally thought this recipe was a disaster. It was watery and tasted bleh. I found it somewhere online while I was looking for a vegan dip for the Super Bowl. Originally the recipe called for a chipotle chili and adobo sauce, which I skipped and subbed with salsa. I didn't want to make it too spicy so Logan could at least try it. I made it late at night the day before the game. The blender kept waking Logan up, so I stopped trying to make it work and gave up. The dish was covered and put in the fridge. For some reason I decided to put it out the next day anyways, and was glad I did! Chilling it in the fridge thickened it up to more of a dip consistency, and the flavors had time to blend together and enhance themselves. The dip was smooth, spicy, even a little smoky. All around pleasing to the palate. 


Spicy Black Bean Dip

  • 1 15oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1/2 of a small shallot
  • 2 Tbsp. salsa
  • Juice from 1/2 a lemon
  • 1/4 tsp. cumin
  • 1/4 tsp. chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
  2. Transfer to a bowl with a lid and chill in the fridge.
  3. Serve with carrot sticks, celery or chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment