That's what I was saying over and over in my head as I assembled this dish. The inspiration for this recipe came from pinterest. I swapped russet potatoes for sweet potatoes, omitted some animal ingredients, and ended up with a delicious vegan tian.
Thank goodness for the slice-o-matic. It cut perfectly even slices in seconds. Prep time was no more than 20 minutes. I can't wait until squash and tomatoes are in season this summer. I'm sure this will taste even better when I use veggies grown in my own backyard!
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 small sweet potatoes, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 green squash, sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- Fresh or dried thyme
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Sauté the opinions and garlic in the oil until the onions become soft, about 10 minutes.
- Spread the sautéed onions and garlic in the bottom of a pie dish.
- Working in a spiral pattern, layer the veggies on top of the onions.
- Sprinkle and garnish with thyme.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm.
|Saute the onions until they are soft|
and just beginning to brown.