was plenty of leftovers for the next couple days.
Winter Butternut Soup
Serves about 6
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 leeks, sliced (white and pale green parts only)
- One onion, chopped
- One sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- One large butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- One apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 quart of vegetable broth
- Saute the leeks in olive oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes, until the potatoes and squash are tender.
- Transfer in batches to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve warm.
Logan feeding himself a serving of his favorite soup.