After realizing how delicious and easy this recipe was, I planted even more basil in addition to the dozen or so I already have growing in the garden. I anticipate the need for lots of basil this summer!
|Top with toasted pine nuts- 10 minutes at 400º.|
Serves between 6 and 8
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 packed cups of basil leaves
- 2 15 oz. cans of chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 4 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 Tbsp. safflower oil
- Dash of salt
- Chop the garlic cloves in a blender or food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Serve over whole wheat pasta, use as a spread on sandwiches, as a dip for pita bread.. anything you can think of!
This recipe took so little time an effort that I actually had time and energy to make dessert.. all on a workday, too! I made my vegan banana bread, adding chocolate chips and frozen raspberries. Yum!