|Eating it right off the spoon.|
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/4 + 1/8 cups cocoa powder
- < 1/8 cup safflower oil
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Spread the hazelnuts over a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, or until the skins begin to blister.
- Remove the skins by wrapping the hot hazelnuts in a dish towel and rubbing the towel until the skins rub off. Not all of the skins will come off. No biggie. I usually only manage to get about 70% of the skins off.
- Blend the hazelnuts in a blender or food processor until a paste forms.
- Add the cocoa and sugar and blend again until well mixed.
- Drizzle in the oil, adding no more than an 1/8 of a cup, until the desired consistency is reached.
|Removing the skins.|
|Hazelnuts blended to a paste.|
|The final product!|