Thursday, June 28, 2012

Strawberry Nachos and Other Strawberry Delights

Strawberry season is in full swing on Long Island! I had been looking forward to strawberry picking for weeks as the weather warmed up. Logan joined me this year and had a blast. I think he ate more than he actually picked!


He's been enjoying the strawberries we have growing in containers at home, too. 




Father's Day always coincides with strawberry season, so I usually make strawberry themed desserts. This year featured chocolate covered strawberries (a given), and strawberry nachos. Yes, strawberry nachos. I roughly followed a recipe from pinterest to come up with this delicious dish. The baked tortillas tasted just like cinnamon toast crunch and were tasty in their own, even before I topped them with strawberries and homemade chocolate!


Strawberry Nachos


  • 4 tortilla wraps
  • 4 Tbsp. butter substitute, melted
  • Cinnamon
  • Sugar
  • 1 cup diced strawberries
  • 1 Tbsp. liquid sweetener
  • Chocolate


  1. Preheat the oven to 350ยบ.
  2. Brush the tortillas with the butter substitute (I used Best Life), and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
  3. Bake for 12 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown.
  4. When cooled to room temperature, cut the tortillas into bite size chips.
  5. Combine the strawberries with the liquid sweetener, and pour over the chips.
  6. Drizzle chocolate over the top, and serve immediately.



Andrew and I made chocolate covered strawberry mojitos with the leftover strawberries from strawberry picking and chocolate mint growing right outside the backdoor. I couldn't stay up late enough to finish mine (I know, lame), but the few sips I had were wonderful!



I dehydrated the last handful of strawberries and mixed them into loose green tea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment