While they're not exactly what I'm looking for, they're pretty darn close. They were moist and chocolatey, but not as fudgy as I would have liked. Still, they're the closest I've come to an ultimate vegan brownie so far. Both the apple and the zucchini batches were good, but I preferred the zucchini a tiny bit more.
Vegan Zucchini Brownies
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
|The batter will look pretty dry before you|
add the zucchini, as you can see in the
bowl on the left.
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Mix the oil, sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt, and mix until combined.
- Fold in the zucchini
- Pour batter into a greased pan. Since this recipe only makes a small amount of batter, I used a glass 8 x 6 Pyrex dish.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.