Saturday, April 28, 2012

Cocomon Balls

Coconut + lemon = cocomon


I whipped up this raw, vegan dessert yesterday while waiting for my curried split pea soup to cook (check back for that blog post soon!). When I found the recipe this was adapted from I was excited to see that it called for almond flour. For weeks I have been making almond flour, hoping that I would someday find a use for it. Every time I make almond milk in the juicer, I dehydrate the pulp, then grind it into a fine powder using the Baby Bullet. Almond flour!




Popping these in the dehydrator for an hour gave them a crunch on the outside, but left them warm and gooey in the center. Omg yum. They're phenomenal with the lemon, but next time I make them I'll use lime. Lime and coconut? Yes please!


Cocomon Balls
Makes 2 dozen


  • 1 1/2 cups of almond flour (homemade or store bought)
  • 2 1/2 cups of shredded coconut, unsweetened
  • 1/3 cup of coconut flour
  • A dash of salt
  • 6 Tbsp. of agave
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • Zest and juice from one lemon
  1. In a large bowl, stir the almond flour, coconut, coconut flour and salt until combined.
  2. In a small bowl, mix the agave, vanilla and lemon.
  3. Slowly add the agave mixture to the large bowl, mixing with a hand mixer until combined.
  4. Roll the mixture into small, one inch balls.
  5. Place in the balls in the dehydrator for one hour.
  6. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment