This mousse requires only two ingredients. Coconut milk and a vegan chocolate bar. I used Ghiradelli Intense Dark chocolate. It has a 72% cacao content, which to me is perfect! I could eat that chocolate everyday (and I do). Be careful when selecting Ghiradelli chocolate though if you're avoiding animal ingredients, most of their other bars contain milk products.
|After scooping the solid part from the can.|
|I finally found a use for the whisk attachment to my electric mixer.|
|I wish I could make this look prettier, but it tastes better than it looks!|
Vegan Chocolate Mousse
Makes 4 servings
|Melt the chocolate in a double broiler|
or in the microwave. Cool it slightly,
but make sure it's still smooth.
- 1 15 oz can of coconut milk, chilled overnight in the fridge.
- 1 3.5 oz bar of vegan chocolate, melted and cooled, but still liquid.
- Scoop the solidified coconut milk into a bowl, avoiding the liquid at the bottom of the can.
- Whip with an electric mixer until light and airy.
- Add the chocolate while still mixing, and mix until you've reached the desired fluffy consistency.
- Enjoy right away, or keep in the fridge until serving (you might need to rewhip it, depending on how long it stayed in the fridge for).