|Office with a view|
What I'm getting at here is that with all my time being expended in other areas, I've been looking for quick, easy recipes. I found just that with a mashed chickpea and avocado sandwich. It took only about 5 minutes to make, and my sandwich was assembled while the carrots for honey mustard carrots were steaming. It made for a light week night meal, and the leftovers were great for lunch the next day.
Smashed Chickpea Avocado Salad
Makes about 4 sandwiches
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado
- Juice from 1 limes
- 1/4 cup of cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsp. scallions
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a potato masher, mash the chickpeas and avocado together in a bowl.
- Mix in the cilantro, scallions, salt and pepper.
- Serve on your bread of choice with lettuce.